Psychological and Psychiatric Treatment of Pain
At Comprehensive MedPsych Systems, we employ a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach when it comes to managing pain, proven by scientific research literature to be the most efficient and beneficial way to ensure long-term improvement in coping with pain as well as functional improvement in daily living. Our multidisciplinary team includes the following:
- Your own pain management physician (not a member of Comprehensive MedPsych Systems staff)
- Psychologist or psychotherapist
- Addiction specialist if necessary
Constant communication among team members is vital so that there are not several external practitioners employing their own individual therapies without consulting with the others.
Our pain program is designed for those who are referrals from pain physicians, neurologists, and primary care doctors, as well as those involved in workers’ compensation and civil litigation cases.
Our unique treatment options include:
- psychiatric medication to manage pain
- family therapy
- stress management
- deep breathing
- progressive deep muscle relaxation
- addiction counseling